And finally, shares of Mattress Firm Holding (MFRM) was the big loser in late trades after the Houston-based company fell short on revenue in its fiscal first quarter and gave a below-consensus outlook for the top line for the second quarter.
The company posted a profit of $9.7 million, or 29 cents a share, on sales of $209.8 million for the three months ended in April vs. the average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters for earnings of 25 cents a share on revenue of $212.1 million. Mattress Firm also forecast revenue of $270 million to $275 million for the July-ending quarter, below the $278.3 million analyst view.
The stock was last quoted at $30.60, down 13.2%, on volume of more than 150,000, according to Nasdaq.com.
--Written by Michael Baron in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Michael Baron.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV