T. Rowe Price Launches Third Emerging Markets Bond Fund For Income-Seeking Investors
BALTIMORE, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/t-rowe-price-launches-third-emerging-markets-bond-fund-for-income-seeking-investors-157004985.html
- T. Rowe Price (NASDAQ-GS: TROW) has launched the Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund (TRECX), which complements its suite of emerging markets bond funds, including the Emerging Markets Bond Fund (PREMX) and the Emerging Markets Local Currency Bond Fund (PRELX). The existing two funds were launched in 1994 and 2011, respectively.
- T. Rowe Price believes that as emerging markets mature, this secular trend will offer significant investment opportunities and will become an increasingly important portfolio component that should be customized based on long-term investors' goals and risk tolerance.
- The size of the emerging markets corporate bond market now rivals the U.S. high yield market and currently is growing at a double-digit rate annually. It already is significantly larger than the emerging market sovereign debt market issued in U.S. dollars.
- Emerging markets corporate bonds offer more direct exposure to the economic growth of emerging markets than sovereign bonds issued by these countries. They also give investors access to the growth of emerging markets consumers with less volatility than emerging markets stocks. The expanding middle class in emerging markets has fueled a consumer base that now outspends U.S. consumers in total.
- Offering investors access to the distinct subsets of emerging markets debt in three separate funds provides the same diversification opportunities investors often have with their U.S. bond investments. The varying degrees of risk in the different types of emerging market bonds suggest that investors should consider customizing their allocations.
- Individual investors can access the strategy through a no-load mutual fund or Advisor Class shares (PACEX) that are available through financial advisors.
- The Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund currently has:
- Diversification across over 30 countries in Asia, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, and Africa.
- Approximately 50% of its assets in investment-grade bonds, and it can purchase bonds of any credit quality.
- An approximate duration of five years.
- The fund will invest primarily in bonds issued in U.S. dollars, but it may also hold bonds issued in emerging markets currencies and other non-U.S. currencies.
- Mike Conelius, the second longest tenured emerging markets bond fund manager with 23 years of experience, will manage the fund. Mr. Conelius has managed the Emerging Markets Bond Fund since its inception.
- Mr. Conelius has also managed an emerging markets corporate bond strategy for international institutional investors via the T. Rowe Price Funds SICAV - Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund since its inception in May 2011. He explains the opportunity in emerging market corporate bonds.
- T. Rowe Price managed $13.3 billion in emerging markets bond strategies as of March 31, 2012.
- The minimum initial investment in the Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund and the Emerging Markets Corporate Bond Fund—Advisor Class is $2,500 or $1,000 for retirement plans or gifts or transfers to minors (UGMA/UTMA) accounts
- The net expense ratio is estimated to be 1.15% for Investor Class shares and 1.25% for Advisor Class shares.
- This fund involves a high-risk approach to income from foreign bonds, and its share price could fluctuate significantly. The fund is subject to the risks unique to international investing, such as liquidity risks, as well as the credit and interest rate risks normally associated with investing in bonds. Investors should note that if interest rates rise significantly from current levels, bond fund total returns are likely to decline. Diversification cannot assure a profit or protect against loss in a declining market.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV