The Pros and Cons of the Eurobond
Political debate aside, eurobonds are plagued with so many administrative hurdles, they may never see the light of day.
In Fisher Investments' view, the deregulation, tax relief and labor market liberalization Merkel's pushing likely provide the best long-term path for Europe. As ever, though, there's likely no quick fix for the region.
Even if the union can pull off eurobonds in the far future, as a potential near-term fix for the eurozone they're no more a silver bullet than any of the other grand plans touted in the past two-plus years. But the political will to preserve the euro remains steadfast, and officials likely continue their step-by-step approach to keeping the currency union intact.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV