SALISBURY, N.C., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Food Lion will kick off its Children's Miracle Network Hospital's® Miracle Summer Balloon Campaign, Wednesday, June 6 to support local children and their families receiving medical care from 32 children's hospitals.
The four-week campaign allows customers to donate $1 at the register, in exchange for $5 coupons that can be used for produce, milk or Magnum ice cream, at all Food Lion stores. The summer campaign ends June 26. A similar campaign will be held in the fall.
"At Food Lion, we are passionate about children's health and wellness issues," said Kyle Price, division vice president for Food Lion Triangle region and Food Lion CMN-H Campaign Executive Sponsor. "We are pleased to help this organization for the 21st year by raising critical funds needed to help this organization make a tremendous difference in the lives of children and their families in our communities."
In addition to selling the Miracle Summer Balloons, customers will have various other opportunities to help.Starting June 6, Food Lion customers can purchase specially-designed Children's Miracle Network Hospitals Kellogg's Frosted Flakes®, Pop Tarts® and Cheez-It® boxes that will feature five CMN-H children who were treated at hospitals in Richmond, Va., Washington, D.C., Greenville, N.C., Baltimore, Md., and Columbia, S.C. Kellogg will donate $1 to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals® for every four boxes sold, up to $50,000. Customers will also have various opportunities throughout the summer to support the campaign by participating in community events where proceeds will be donated to the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals®.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV