GigOptix, Inc. (NYSE MKT:GIG), a leading fabless supplier of semiconductor and optical components that enable high speed information streaming, today announced that it will showcase its portfolio of wideband and E-band solutions at the International Microwave Symposium (IMS2012) in Montreal, Canada on June 17-22, 2012.
At booth 2118, GigOptix will provide demonstrations and showcase the following E-band solutions and wideband products:
- EXH2008 and EXH2009 Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) DC to 26.5GHz wideband 1 Watt power amplifiers in surface mountable QFN packages, for use in military Electronic Warfare (EW), radar, test & measurement equipment and broadband telecom equipment applications.
- E-band upconvertor utilizing GigOptix’s E-band power amplifier chipset comprised of six chips, a pre-amplifier driving two medium power amplifiers that are coupled via two Lange coupler devices with a power detector on the output demonstrating higher output power for use in high capacity mobile backhaul links. This chipset solution displays GigOptix’s heritage in enabling E-band radio manufacturers to transmit more data further by significantly increasing the output power of their transmission systems over current solutions.
“We continue to see increasing bandwidth demands in the mobile backhaul from consumers using smartphones and tablets with high speed 4G LTE network connections,” commented Padraig O’Mathuna, Vice President and General Manager of the RF/MMIC product line at GigOptix. “Cisco in its latest Visual Networking Index forecasts that traffic from wireless devices will exceed traffic from wired devices by 2016 with Wi-Fi and mobile devices accounting for 61 percent of IP traffic. With this significant market drive, we are excited to share our latest E-band solutions that will help address the demands of network operators seeking to provide the high capacity gigabit and multi-gigabit wireless links needed to handle this increasing traffic via E-band point-to-point radio links. EJL Wireless Research, in its most recent report, forecast E-band point-to-point radio links as being one of the fastest growing segments in the wireless mobile backhaul market with greater than 100% Compounded Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) to 2016.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV