Spain Minister Push EU For Bank Action Plan
He spoke a day after Banco Santander S.A. chief Emilo Botin estimated troubled Spain's banks would need â¿¬40 billion to shore up their defenses to cover toxic loans and mortgages.
Montoro avoided setting an overall figure but said the government would have a clearer idea once two international auditing firms contracted to study the health of Spain's banks report at the end of June. Some estimates have put the cost of a complete bailout for the Spanish banking sector at some â¿¬100 billion.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV