Sierra Wireless (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) today announced that Audi is using Sierra Wireless AirPrime™ embedded wireless modules to help develop and test an LTE-connected infotainment system. Still in the development and testing stage, the system has been showcased at several industry events this year, including the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas in January, and CeBIT in Hanover, Germany, in March. Drive tests were started in late 2011 and are ongoing.
Sierra Wireless AirPrime modules are available with varying combinations of LTE frequency bands and fallback technologies, and were the first LTE modules available, allowing Audi to work on the leading edge of wireless technology as LTE networks roll out.
“We recognize that automotive customers, with longer product development cycles and products that stay in operation for several years, face special challenges in integrating rapidly evolving wireless technologies,” said Didier Dutronc, Senior Vice President, Embedded M2M Solutions for Sierra Wireless. “We are uniquely positioned to help these customers, with depth of expertise and experience in both automotive M2M requirements and in developing and deploying products for leading edge wireless technologies like LTE. Audi has a long history of technology innovation and we are proud to play a role in developing the connected car of the future.”
Sierra Wireless solutions for automotiveWith over a decade of experience, award-winning expertise, and more than three million wireless modules shipped to automotive manufacturers, Sierra Wireless is the market leader in wireless technologies for the automotive industry. Sierra Wireless offers:
- all the components required for a wireless connectivity solution, from wireless embedded modules and software suites to development tools and services platforms
- products designed to match the automotive industry’s toughest quality requirements, manufactured in an ISO/TS 16949 compliant facility, and supported by automotive specialists
- proven technologies that allow rapid design and easy integration, and a services platform that enables fast deployment and cost-effective maintenance and support
- professional services for engineering, design, and systems integration that conform to the automotive industry’s toughest constraints.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV