NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- The following stocks go ex-dividend Wednesday, meaning an investor must purchase the shares Tuesday to qualify for the next dividend payment: Merck (MRK), Macy's (M), Coca-Cola (KO), Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ), Devon Energy (DVN), Eastman Chemical (EMN), Family Dollar Stores (FDO) and Textron (TXT).
The drug company is scheduled to report its second-quarter earnings on July 29. Analysts, on average, anticipate earnings of $1.02 a share on revenue of $12.2 billion.
"Merck offers a good mix of low valuation, track record of returning cash to shareholders, and pipeline optionality, in our view," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report on Monday. "We also like that MRK's Pharma revenue base is fairly diverse and is supplemented by animal health and consumer businesses, which we see as 'sticky' cash flow streams with growth potential."Forward Annual Dividend Yield: 4.5%
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV