ALISO VIEJO, Calif., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Avanir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NASDAQ: AVNR) today announced details of its Patient Assistance Program for NUEDEXTA® (dextromethorphan HBr and quinidine sulfate). The Patient Assistance Program is designed to help patients with a diagnosis of pseudobulbar affect which meet established program criteria gain access to NUEDEXTA free of charge.
"NUEDEXTA is the first and only FDA approved medication indicated for pseudobulbar affect. Avanir's goal is to ensure that cost is not a barrier to any person who may benefit from this important medication, regardless of their level of income or healthcare coverage," said Rohan Palekar, chief commercial officer at Avanir Pharmaceuticals. "To that end, we are pleased to offer this new Patient Assistance Program as part of our comprehensive offering of patient support services."
This new program complements two other existing financial assistance programs currently available for patients insured by commercial health plans or Medicare Part D. With the addition of the Patient Assistance Program for patients without prescription drug coverage, Avanir now offers financial assistance for most people needing access to NUEDEXTA.
The new program, which launched in May 2012, provides eligible patients with a 6-month supply of drug, free of charge to help ensure access to NUEDEXTA. Program participants may qualify for ongoing assistance subject to periodic verification of eligibility.NUEDEXTA Patient Services The Patient Assistance Program is available as part of the services provided under NUEDEXTA Patient Services for patients and healthcare providers. The service provides necessary financial and treatment support for NUEDEXTA in one single point of contact. The services include:
- Health insurance plan assistance, including drug benefit verification
- Financial and co-pay assistance for eligible insured and uninsured patients
- Co-pay Assistance Program for privately insured patients
- Out-of-pocket Assistance Program for Medicare Part D patients
- Patient Assistance Program for patients without prescription drug coverage
- Educational information about PBA and NUEDEXTA
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts