DRAPER, Utah, June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Flexpoint Sensor Systems, Inc. (OTCBB: FLXT) today announced that its patented Bend Sensor® has passed a Fortune 500 automaker's difficult advanced-stage test for a major car component. Flexpoint is confident that its technology will clear the remaining hurdles and that a large annual contract will follow.
"This is one of the most demanding, limit-pushing testing cycles that this major automaker performs and we were gratified to see our technology perform so strongly," said Flexpoint President Clark Mower.
Work with another Fortune 500 auto manufacturer also continues to progress, including discussions of new ways to incorporate Bend Sensor technology into more car components.
"Once our partners begin working with Bend Sensor technology, they often find ways to adapt it for new uses and to replace old, more expensive components," Mower said. "This process of expansion, while exciting, spells more waiting time as new rounds of testing are required for each new use of our technology. But the potential for an expanded contract is well worth the wait."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV