ERIE, Pa., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Erie Insurance is pleased to announce the appointment of Brad Postema as senior vice president and chief investment officer. Postema will be responsible for the investment strategies of Erie Insurance Exchange, its underwriting subsidiaries and Erie Indemnity Company.
Postema joins ERIE from GE Asset Management, where he most recently served as senior vice president and senior portfolio manager for insurance. Postema holds a bachelor's degree in business administration from The University of Akron.
According to A.M. Best Company, Erie Insurance Group (Nasdaq: ERIE), based in Erie, Pennsylvania, is the 12th largest automobile and 14th largest homeowners insurer in the United States based on direct premiums written and the 20th largest property/casualty insurer in the United States based on total lines net premium written. The Group, rated A+ (Superior) by A.M. Best Company, has over 4.3 million policies in force and operates in 11 states and the District of Columbia. Erie Insurance Group is a FORTUNE 500 company. Erie Insurance is proud to be named a J.D. Power and Associates' 2012 Customer Service Champion and is one of only 50 U.S. companies so named. Erie Insurance has also been recognized on the list of Ward's 50 Group of top performing insurance companies. The Ward's 50 award analyzes the financial performance of 3,000 property and casualty companies and nearly 800 life and health insurance companies and recognizes the top performers for achieving outstanding financial results in safety and consistency over a five-year period (2006-2010).News releases and more information about Erie Insurance Group are available at www.erieinsurance.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV