iTV needs to be another device in a long line of hardware that woos you. With it pinned to the wall of your living room, it will need to make you feel as cool as you feel when you extract your iPhone from your hip pocket. That's what drives mass market, mainstream sales -- not embedded features that you can get elsewhere, albeit not as well done. And, again, I'm not talking about creative types from the Apple cult or the education market; I am talking about the average, everyday iPod owner.
It sounds hipster cool when a rich hedge fund guy calls Apple a software company, not a hardware company. If you're an investor, take those words (like anything else, for that matter) with a grain of salt.
If and when Apple releases a new piece of hardware that's not incredibly well-received, expect the stock to tank. If this leads to anything resembling a slowdown in revenue, run for your life because Apple's glory days might have passed them by.
No matter what anybody tries to tell you, the ecosystem will not stop this from happening or salvage a less-than-amazing product launch and run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV