DANBURY, Conn., June 5, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Biodel Inc. (Nasdaq: BIOD) will present data from animal and human studies with its ultra-rapid-acting prandial insulin product candidates during the 72nd Scientific Sessions of the American Diabetes Association being held in Philadelphia, PA from June 8 to June 12. The data to be presented demonstrates significant progress in the development of recombinant human insulin based formulations with ultra-rapid-acting profiles. The presentations are:
- Poster: "Pharmacokinetic and Pharmacodynamic Comparison of New Ultra-Rapid-Acting Insulin Formulations in Diabetic Miniature Swine" will be presented by Roderike Pohl, Ph.D. (Biodel Inc.) on June 10 from 12:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. EDT #920-P, Poster Category 01-B/C Clinical Therapeutics/New Technology - Insulin Delivery Systems
- Oral: "Evaluations of Modified Ultra-Rapid-Acting Linjeta ™ Formulations BIOD-105 and BIOD-107 in Patients with Type 1 Diabetes" will be presented by Jessica Castle, M.D. (Oregon Health and Science University) on June 11 at 5:30 p.m . EDT. #350-OR, Oral Session on Insulin Analogs
Biodel's chief medical officer Dr. Alan Krasner stated: "Dr. Pohl will present the evaluation of BIOD-123 and BIOD-125 in the diabetic swine model, which showed an absorption profile superior to that of insulin lispro. Dr. Castle will present clinical data on BIOD-105 and BIOD-107 and will also show recently obtained clinical data for BIOD-123 and BIOD-125, which confirm the ultra-rapid absorption profile observed in the swine. Further, measurement of local injection site discomfort for BIOD-123 and BIOD-125 in the clinical trial indicated that pain scores were comparable to those associated with insulin lispro. We look forward to sharing these data with the scientific community as we prepare to initiate Phase 2 clinical trials for BIOD-123 in patients with type 1 diabetes in 3Q12."
The abstracts can also be accessed by registered meeting attendees through the association's web site, www.diabetes.org.
About Biodel Inc.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts