Enbridge Energy Partners LP Stock Downgraded (EEP)
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- The revenue fell significantly faster than the industry average of 11.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 20.5%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP's earnings per share declined by 34.2% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ENBRIDGE ENERGY PRTNRS -LP turned its bottom line around by earning $1.89 versus -$1.08 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 28.3% in earnings ($1.36 versus $1.89).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average. The net income has decreased by 15.4% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $117.10 million to $99.00 million.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.28 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. To add to this, EEP has a quick ratio of 0.66, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.