FMC Technologies Inc. Stock Downgraded (FTI)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 14.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 29.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC has improved earnings per share by 17.1% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, FMC TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $1.65 versus $1.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.15 versus $1.65).
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.48, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.02 is sturdy.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to $1.70 million or 96.61% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- FTI has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 10.52% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, we do not see anything in this company's numbers that would change the one-year trend. It was down over the last twelve months; and it could be down again in the next twelve. Naturally, a bull or bear market could sway the movement of this stock.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.