Advantest Corporation (TSE: 6857, NYSE: ATE) today announced that it will launch a new test solution, dubbed CloudTesting TM Service (CTS), which utilizes cloud computing technology to offer cutting-edge test technology for semiconductor device R&D and design applications. CTS will be a membership service. Scheduled for roll-out in fall 2012, it will be unveiled at Advantest’s corporate exhibition, ADVANTEST EXPO 2012, to be held on June 6 th - 7 th in Tokyo.
Over half a century of dynamic growth in the semiconductor industry, Advantest has played a key role in supporting the industry’s rapid technological progress with cutting-edge test solutions. The speed of technological advance shows no signs of slackening, while device manufacturers continue to hone the efficiency of their R&D operations. Advantest’s new CTS is a revolutionary new concept in test, targeted precisely to these customer needs.
Marrying Advantest’s best-in-class test expertise with cloud computing technology, CTS requires customers to provide nothing more than a PC and an internet connection. Test software developed by Advantest (including test applications and evaluation / analysis tools) can then be downloaded from the cloud. A dedicated small-size CloudTesting TM Station terminal, provided to each customer by Advantest, plugs into the customer’s PC to generate an on-demand test environment precisely calibrated to their needs.
Compared to conventional testers, CTS is easily upgradable, while its radically lower cost and smaller footprint make it ideal for R&D and prototyping applications. The service will be initially rolled out with test applications and analysis and display tools for logic IC test, and will be rapidly expanded to cover analog IC and memory IC test.All information supplied in this release is correct at the time of publication, but may be subject to change.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV