SAN JOSE, Calif. and TAIPEI, Taiwan, June 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, will demonstrate ten market leading solutions based upon Cavium's latest media and communications processor families at the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Suite 2412 during Computex 2012 from June 5 - June 9.
Cavium's PureVu® Video ARM®-based processors support OEMs and ODMs developing wireless display solutions for smartphones, tablet, notebook PCs, TVs, Monitors, set top boxes, and media players.
Cavium's OCTEON® MIPS64® processors are used in routers, switches, unified threat management (UTM) appliances, wireless LAN controllers and access points, storage switches, triple-play broadband gateways, intelligent network adaptors, 3G, 4G, WiMAX, and LTE wireless femto cells, base stations and gateways.Cavium's OCTEON Fusion™ MIPS64 processors deliver breakthrough capacity and throughput for LTE small cell base stations, including micro, pico and enterprise femto base stations, through a high performance multi-core architecture with purpose-built Baseband DSP cores, extensive LTE hardware accelerators and digital front end (DFE) in a single chip. Cavium's ECONA™ low power, dual-core ARM-based processors are being used by Tier-1 OEMs and ODMs building FTTH broadband gateways, network attached storage appliances, cloud expandable storage solutions, media and print servers, and wireless access points. Cavium's Celestial™ Set Top Box ARM-based processors offer industry leading integration and best price-performance for Set Top Box, Digital TV and High Definition Multimedia player applications. Cavium will demonstrate the following at the Grand Hyatt hotel in the company's private suite: PureVu Video Processor Demonstrations
- Universal wireless display adapter reference design: Cavium's new market leading universal wireless display adapter reference design show-casing support for Cavium's WiVu™, DLNA®, Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ (pre-certification implementation), in addition to software transmit solution interoperating with a range of popular portable consumer devices including smart phones, tablets and notebook PCs.
- Multi-room, Multi-source Full HD wireless video: Cavium's user friendly WiVu™ GUI with IR back-channel.
- PureVu-based customer products: PureVu-based customer products in multiple CE market segments including smartphones and tablets, monitors, notebooks PCs and stand-alone adapters.
- NAS: Full-featured, home media server demo to showcase media storage and serving capabilities of the ECONA platform.
- Residential Gateway: Multi-service, high performance gateway demo with media serving, forwarding and wireless access capabilities based on the ECONA platform.
- TurboDPI Deep Packet Inspection: Efficient, high performance protocol analysis, application recognition and URL Filtering technology soon to be available on the ECONA processor platform.
- IP- Set Top Box platform: Fully integrated DVB-T, USB/UPnP Media Playback, OTT (HLS) and VoD (HTTP) media, and web services.
- LTE eNodeB: End-to-end, over the air, simultaneous operation of 4 Full HD streaming videos and FTP transfer.
- Complete LTE small cell solution: Easily deployable from UE USIM assignment to eNodeB and IP traffic gateway setup, featuring a ready to manufacture Enterprise Small Cell Design.
- Enterprise class Unified Threat Management: Revolutionary Deep Packet Inspection engine for UTM/Intrusion Protection/Detection/Antivirus application from leading tier one provider.
- Multi-Motherboard Blade Server: Massive array of multi-core solutions, all packed within a 4U chassis showcasing outstanding performance/watt for server and data center applications.
- Enterprise NAS: Enterprise NAS/iSCSI appliance with best in class SMB performance.