JDS Uniphase Corp (CA) (JDSU): Today's Featured Telecommunications Loser
JDS Uniphase Corp (CA (JDSU) pushed the Telecommunications industry lower today making it today's featured Telecommunications loser. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, JDS Uniphase Corp (CA fell 20 cents (-2.1%) to $9.45 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5.3 million shares of JDS Uniphase Corp (CA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.7 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $9.35-$9.84 after having opened the day at $9.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.65. Other company's within the Telecommunications industry that declined today were: Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), down 14%, eOn Communications Corporation (EONC), down 11.9%, B Communications (BCOM), down 9.8%, and Envivio (ENVI), down 7.8%. JDS Uniphase Corporation provides communications test and measurement solutions, and optical products for telecommunications service providers, wireless operators, cable operators, network-equipment manufacturers, and enterprises worldwide. JDS Uniphase Corp (CA has a market cap of $2.35 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 2.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are nine analysts that rate JDS Uniphase Corp (CA a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates JDS Uniphase Corp (CA as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full JDS Uniphase Corp (CA Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV