Finisar Corporation (FNSR): Today's Featured Computer Hardware Loser
Finisar Corporation (FNSR) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Finisar Corporation fell 57 cents (-4.2%) to $12.93 on average volume. Throughout the day, three million shares of Finisar Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $12.82-$13.69 after having opened the day at $13.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.50. Other company's within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Radcom (RDCM), down 7.8%, Dataram Corporation (DRAM), down 7.6%, SMART Technologies (SMT), down 7.3%, and Performance Technologies (PTIX), down 6.4%. Finisar Corporation designs, develops, manufactures, and markets optical subsystems, components, and network performance test systems for high-speed data communications in the United States, Malaysia, and the People's Republic of China, and internationally. Finisar Corporation has a market cap of $1.31 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 33.4, below the average computer hardware industry P/E ratio of 34.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 19.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are five analysts that rate Finisar Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Finisar Corporation as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Finisar Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV