Williams Companies (WMB) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials loser. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Williams Companies fell 34 cents (-1.2%) to $28.67 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 11.7 million shares of Williams Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.8 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $28.25-$29.29 after having opened the day at $29.07 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $29.01. Other company's within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Longwei Petroleum Investment Holding Limite (LPH), down 15.2%, Cheniere Energy Partners (CQP), down 12.4%, KiOR (KIOR), down 11.7%, and Patriot Coal Corporation (PCX), down 9.4%. The Williams Companies, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in finding, producing, gathering, processing, and transporting natural gas primarily in the United States. Williams Companies has a market cap of $19.1 billion and is part of the energy industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.3, below the average energy industry P/E ratio of 38.2 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 7.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Williams Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and one rates it a hold.
- You can view the full Williams Companies Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about WMB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV