General Dynamics (GD): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Loser
General Dynamics (GD) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry lower today making it today's featured Aerospace/Defense loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, General Dynamics fell 76 cents (-1.2%) to $61.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2.1 million shares of General Dynamics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.6 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $61.54-$63.01 after having opened the day at $62.88 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.72. Other company's within the Aerospace/Defense industry that declined today were: CAE (CAE), down 3%, Smith & Wesson Holding Corporation (SWHC), down 2%, AerCap Holdings N.V (AER), down 2%, and Esterline Technologies (ESL), down 1.6%. General Dynamics Corporation, an aerospace and defense company, provides business aviation; combat vehicles, weapons systems, and munitions; military and commercial shipbuilding; and communications and information technology products and services worldwide. General Dynamics has a market cap of $23.08 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.1, below the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 9.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate General Dynamics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates General Dynamics as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full General Dynamics Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV