Southern Copper Corporation (SCCO) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Southern Copper Corporation rose 25 cents (0.9%) to $28.76 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.7 million shares of Southern Copper Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.1 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $28-$28.77 after having opened the day at $28.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $28.51. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Golden Minerals (AUMN), up 35.9%, Ossen Innovation (OSN), up 14.7%, Great Basin Gold (GBG), up 13.7%, and General Moly (GMO), up 10.6%. Southern Copper Corporation engages in mining, exploring, producing, smelting, and refining copper and other minerals in Peru, Mexico, and Chile. Southern Copper Corporation has a market cap of $24.17 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 9.8, equal to the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Southern Copper Corporation a buy, two analysts rate it a sell, and four rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Southern Copper Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Southern Copper Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about SCCO
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV