Dresser-Rand Group (DRC) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Dresser-Rand Group rose 33 cents (0.8%) to $42.46 on light volume. Throughout the day, 463,635 shares of Dresser-Rand Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 763,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $41.52-$42.90 after having opened the day at $42.28 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.13. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Goldfield (GV), up 12%, India Globalization Capital (IGC), up 8.4%, Fuel Tech (FTEK), up 7.1%, and Edac Technologies Corporation (EDAC), up 7%. Dresser-Rand Group Inc., together with its subsidiaries, engages in the design, manufacture, sale, and servicing of custom-engineered rotating equipment solutions to the oil, gas, chemical, petrochemical, process, power, military, and other industries worldwide. Dresser-Rand Group has a market cap of $3.32 billion and is part of the industrial industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.8, above the average industrial industry P/E ratio of 23.7 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 15.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Dresser-Rand Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Dresser-Rand Group as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, increase in net income, good cash flow from operations and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally poor debt management on most measures that we evaluated.
- You can view the full Dresser-Rand Group Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about DRC
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV