Air Products & Chemicals Inc (APD): Today's Featured Chemicals Winner
Air Products & Chemicals (APD) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Air Products & Chemicals rose 60 cents (0.8%) to $77.48 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.2 million shares of Air Products & Chemicals exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.2 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $76.49-$77.61 after having opened the day at $77.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $76.88. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Gushan Environmental Energy (GU), up 46.1%, Synthesis Energy Sys (SYMX), up 16%, American Pacific Corporation (APFC), up 9.9%, and Penford Corporation (PENX), up 8.3%. Air Products and Chemicals, Inc. provides atmospheric gases, process and specialty gases, performance materials, equipment, and services worldwide. Air Products & Chemicals has a market cap of $16.71 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 14.3, above the average chemicals industry P/E ratio of 14.2 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 9.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Air Products & Chemicals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and six rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Air Products & Chemicals as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Air Products Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV