HDFC Bank Ltd (HDB): Today's Featured Banking Winner
HDFC Bank (HDB) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, HDFC Bank rose 49 cents (1.8%) to $28.05 on average volume. Throughout the day, 928,338 shares of HDFC Bank exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 723,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $27.82-$28.57 after having opened the day at $27.85 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.56. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: NASB Financial (NASB), up 12.8%, Midsouth Bancorp (MSL), up 10.9%, Emclaire Financial Corporation (EMCF), up 9.4%, and AmeriServ Financial (ASRV), up 8.4%. HDFC Bank Limited provides banking and financial services to individuals and businesses in India. The company offers savings, current, and demat accounts, as well as accepts fixed and recurring deposits. HDFC Bank has a market cap of $21.82 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.9, above the average banking industry P/E ratio of 21.4 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there is one analyst that rates HDFC Bank a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates HDFC Bank as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, increase in net income, impressive record of earnings per share growth and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full HDFC Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV