Teledyne Technologies Inc (TDY): Today's Featured Aerospace/Defense Winner
Teledyne Technologies (TDY) pushed the Aerospace/Defense industry higher today making it today's featured aerospace/defense winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Teledyne Technologies rose 59 cents (1%) to $57.74 on average volume. Throughout the day, 128,900 shares of Teledyne Technologies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 160,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $56.90-$58.05 after having opened the day at $57.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.15. Other companies within the Aerospace/Defense industry that increased today were: Edac Technologies Corporation (EDAC), up 7%, Astrotech Corporation (ASTC), up 5.9%, Breeze-Eastern Corporation (BZC), up 3.8%, and TAT Technologies (TATT), up 3.5%. Teledyne Technologies Incorporated provides instrumentation and digital imaging products, aerospace and defense electronics, and engineered systems primarily in the United States and Canada. Teledyne Technologies has a market cap of $2.19 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.3, above the average aerospace/defense industry P/E ratio of 8.6 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 4.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday. Currently there are two analysts that rate Teledyne Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Teledyne Technologies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and increase in net income. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
- You can view the full Teledyne Ratings Report.
- Use our aerospace/defense section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV