Family Dollar Stores, Inc. (NYSE: FDO) today announced that it has entered into a multi-year agreement with Coinstar, Inc.’s (Nasdaq: CSTR) Redbox, America’s destination for entertainment, to provide Redbox® kiosks at Family Dollar locations across the U.S.
“As Family Dollar continues to broaden its assortment and increase relevancy to our customer, Redbox is a natural addition to our growth initiatives,” said Michael Bloom, President and Chief Operating Officer for Family Dollar. “The Redbox kiosk is the definition of convenience for movie and game rentals and will provide value, convenience and additional reasons for customers to visit Family Dollar stores more often.”
“Redbox is proud to be located at Family Dollar retail destinations and to extend our footprint in places where America shops,” said Maria Stipp, chief customer officer of Coinstar, Inc. “A key component to our success is our retail partners who help us bring consumers greater access to movies and games at a low price.”
Family Dollar customers will gain easy access to entertainment at a great value with new release DVDs at Redbox for $1.20 a night, Blu-ray Discs™ for $2.00 a night and games for $2.00 a night. For added convenience, Family Dollar customers can ensure their preferred title is available when they arrive at the kiosk by reserving online at redbox.com, via the Redbox iPhone ® and Android™ apps or by texting FIND to 727272.About Family Dollar Beginning with one store in Charlotte, North Carolina, in 1959, the Company currently operates more than 7,200 stores in 45 states. Family Dollar Stores, Inc., a Fortune 300 company, is based in Matthews, North Carolina, just outside of Charlotte and is a publicly held company with common stock traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol FDO. For more information, please visit www.familydollar.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV