This is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on developing and commercializing small-molecule drugs for the treatment of cancer and immune mediated diseases. This stock is trading up 5.8% at $32.24 in recent trading.Today's Volume: 707,000 Average Volume: 645,466 Volume % Change: 50% From a technical perspective, PCYC is ripping higher here in a weak tape on above average volume. This move is coming off some near-term support at $30.06, and it's quickly pushing PCYC within range of a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once PCYC takes out some near-term overhead resistance at $33.24 with high-volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades once PCYC sustains a move or close over $33.24 with volume that's near or above 645,466 shares. If we get that move soon, then look for PCYC to tag $37 to $40 in the near future. Keep in mind, that those targets will only have a chance of being hit if PCYC is trending above $33.24 with strong upside volume flows. To see more stocks rising on unusual volume, check out the Stocks Rising On Unusual Volume portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Follow Stockpickr on Twitter and become a fan on Facebook. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV