The Korea Fund, Inc. (the "Fund") (NYSE: KF), a non-diversified, closed-end investment company, which seeks long-term capital appreciation through investment in securities, primarily equity securities, of Korean companies, today announced its results for the fiscal quarter and nine months ended March 31, 2012 and notification of semi-annual portfolio manager conference calls and website updates.
|At March 31,|
|Net Asset Value ("NAV")||$44.14||$53.59|
|Discount to NAV||(8.13)%||(9.87)%|
|Quarter ended March 31,|
|Net Investment Loss||$(793,316)||$(207,811)|
|Net Realized and Change in Unrealized Gain||$51,467,219||$51,503,850|
|Nine Months ended March 31,|
|Net Investment Income (Loss)||$(413,612)||$919,820|
|Net Realized and Change in Unrealized Gain (Loss)||$(52,411,106)||$155,461,268|
|(a)||Under its share repurchase program, the Fund repurchased 246,850 shares and 415,950 shares for the fiscal quarter and nine months ended March 31, 2012, respectively.|
Notification of Semi-Annual Portfolio Manager Conference Calls In order to provide additional communication to its shareholders, the Fund will begin holding semi-annual portfolio manager conference calls. The Fund will issue a press release announcing the date, time and dial-in details prior to each call. The initial conference call is scheduled to occur in September 2012.
Website Updates: Shares Outstanding & Unadjusted NAV Shares outstanding will change from being updated monthly to daily on the Fund’s website at www.thekoreafund.com. In addition, the Fund’s daily “unadjusted” NAV* will also be available on the website. These changes will go into effect on or about July 15, 2012.* Unadjusted NAV does not reflect fair valuing of foreign securities using modeling tools provided by third party vendors.
RCM Capital Management LLC and RCM Asia Pacific Limited are the Fund's investment manager and sub-adviser, respectively.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV