"Groupon reported 1Q12 results and 2Q12 guidance that topped expectations," Benchmark analysts wrote in a May 15 report. "Operating metrics showed no sign of competitive pressure, with a 41% take rate driving 89% y/y revenue growth, including a material acceleration in sequential North America growth. Unique subscriber additions also accelerated, while EBITDA margins expanded on lower marketing costs. raise our revenue and EBITDA estimates but temper our price target from $28 to $20 per share. Our rating remains Buy."Shares of Groupon hit a 52-week low of $8.85. The stock's 52-week high of $31.14 was set on Nov. 4. Analysts were split on Groupon with 10 giving the stock a buy rating, another 10 rating it hold and four analysts giving the stock a sell rating. The stock has fallen 56.47% year to date.
Yelp "Mgt guided the Street to 2Q12 Revs/Ad. EBITDA at the midpoint of $30M/-650k above the Street's 29.3M/-1.5M," Jefferies analysts wrote in a May 3 report. "For FY12, Mgt. guided the Street to Rev/Adj EBITDA of $130M/breakeven vs. the Street's $124.7M/~breakeven est. We are tweaking our estimates slightly to reflect mgt comments, and maintaining our $23 FY12 target price and Hold rating." Shares of Yelp hit a 52-week low of $14.10 on Monday. The stock's 52-week high of $31.96 was set on March 28. All six of the analysts who cover Yelp rated it hold. The stock has fallen 38.16% year to date.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Alexandra Zendrian >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com. >To follow the writer on Twitter, go to Alexandra Zendrian.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV