"CY's 2H consensus growth is still well above its Touch peers with a 3%+ dividend yield, material buybacks and incubating significant Technologies," Sterne Agee wrote in a May 31 report. "With the pullback, CY's valuation also presents an attractive risk-reward opportunity in the peer group."Shares of Cypress Semiconductor hit a 52-week low of $12.16. The stock's 52-week high of $23.07 was set on July 7. Cypress Semiconductor's forward P/E is 23.68; the average among its peers is 16.73. For comparison, Broadcom (BRCM) has a lower forward P/E of 19.35. Eleven of the 18 analysts who cover Cypress Semiconductor rated it buy. Five analysts gave the stock a hold rating and two rated it sell. The stock has fallen 27.41% year to date.
First Solar "We value First Solar at 8x our 2012 ex-writeoff estimate of $3.80, and 5.5x our 2013 estimate of $5.46," Bank of America Merrill Lynch analysts wrote in a report on May 31. "Although we expect earnings to decline, the company's decision to reduce fixed cost and manufacturing capacity has reduced the rate of decline, and the result is that we see higher earnings and a higher potential earnings multiple. We note that the $30 price objective places the company at a slight discount to anticipated book value of $34 following the scheduled writedowns." Shares of First Solar hit a 52-week low on Monday of $11.43. The stock's 52-week high of $142.22 was set on June 30. Twenty-seven of the 39 analysts who cover First Solar rated it hold. Six analysts gave the stock a sell rating and another six rated it buy. The stock has fallen 64.84% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV