- With the launch of the Bright Tucson Community Solar program, TEP was the country’s first IOU to offer a program that allows customers to purchase energy from local solar arrays in 150 kilowatt-hour (kWh) “blocks,” thus reducing or eliminating their use of conventional power while locking in an affordable solar energy rate for up to 20 years. Last year, SEPA recognized TEP with an award for Utility Innovation in Solar Program Design for the program.
- Continued partnership with the University of Arizona (UA) Science and Technology Park’s Solar Zone, where TEP both owns and purchases power from large, utility-scale solar farms built by several solar developers using different solar technologies.
- TEP’s 5 MW Sundt Solar Boost Project, which will produce up to 5 MW of electricity using a concentrating solar power system without added emissions at the company’s H. Wilson Sundt Generating Station in Tucson.
- TEP is currently studying various forms of electric energy storage (EES) technologies, which will play a critical role in renewable integration. TEP is working with the Arizona Research Institute for Solar Energy (AzRISE), the UA and other project partners to develop a combined compressed air and battery storage system at the UA’s Science and Technology Park southeast of Tucson.
TEP Named Utility Of The Year By Solar Electric Power Association
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.