Rating Change #4
Titan International Inc (TWI) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from hold to buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TWI's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 15.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 64.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.72, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. To add to this, TWI has a quick ratio of 1.77, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TITAN INTERNATIONAL INC turned its bottom line around by earning $1.14 versus -$0.18 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.63 versus $1.14).
Titan International, Inc. and its subsidiaries manufacture and sell wheels, tires, and assemblies for off-highway vehicles used in the agricultural, earthmoving/construction, and consumer markets in the United States. The company has a P/E ratio of 12.1, below the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio of 12.4 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Titan International has a market cap of $985.5 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are up 22.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.You can view the full Titan International Ratings Report or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV