Shares of Signature Bank (SBNY) of New York closed at $58.70 Friday, down 2% year-to-date, following a 20% return last year.
The shares trade for 1.9 times tangible book value, and for 14 times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $4.21. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $3.66.
Ramsey on Monday lowered his 2012 EPS estimate for Signature Bank to $3.65 from $3.70 and his 2013 estimate to $4.30 from $4.45, based on the expectation of a reduced net interest margin.The analyst left his price target for Signature Bank at $75. In April, Ramsey said that the bank's "new equipment/ transportation financing subsidiary a big positive for the story, and a catalyst for shares to outperform," providing "another avenue for Signature to grow loans and utilize its low cost deposit funding," and that "these generally short-duration loans also improve Signature's interest rate positioning and offer better yields than securities." Interested in more on Signature Bank? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV