Shares of PHH Corp. (PHH) of Mount Laurel, N.J., closed at $15.99 Friday, returning 49% year-to-date, after falling 54% during 2011. The company originates mortgage loans, as well as providing a variety of mortgage loan related services to others. PHH also has a Fleet Management Services segment, providing an array of vehicle fleet financing services.
The shares trade for 0.6 times their reported March 31 tangible book value $26.42, and for eight times the consensus 2013 earnings estimate of $2.06. The consensus 2013 EPS estimate is $2.28.
Miller's price target for PHH is $23, and the analyst estimates the company will report GAAP EPS of $2.54, with operating earnings of $1.95 during 2012, followed by EPS of $2.50 during 2013.Last Tuesday, Miller added PHH to the "FBR Top Picks" list, saying that "higher origination expectations from the Mortgage Bankers Association (MBA) coupled with several headwinds for banks should position PHH to outperform the sector," and that "we continue to see a significant amount of value within the company's current platform and expect robust earnings going forward as management continues to take steps to address liquidity and costs and to solidify the core businesses." Interested in more on PHH Corp.? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV