Forestar To Acquire Credo Petroleum
Forestar Group Inc. (NYSE: FOR) today announced the signing of a definitive agreement to acquire CREDO Petroleum Corporation (NASDAQ: CRED) in an all cash transaction for $14.50 per share, representing an equity purchase price of approximately $146 million. The agreement has been approved by each company’s Board of Directors.
“This strategic acquisition is consistent with our recently announced Triple in FOR initiatives to accelerate value realization, optimize transparency and disclosure and raise net asset value through strategic and disciplined investments,” said Jim DeCosmo, president and chief executive officer of Forestar. “This acquisition is expected to more than double Forestar’s existing oil and gas production and proven reserves, provide Forestar with operating flexibility, and create a solid platform for continued growth.”
Following closing of the proposed transaction, Forestar will have meaningful ownership and operations in several strategic oil and gas formations including the Bakken and Three Forks, increased exposure to oil, and additional transparency and disclosure benefits.
Key highlights of the acquisition include:
- Securing mineral leasehold interests in approximately 125,000 net mineral acres, including approximately 6,000 net mineral acres comprising about 50 units in the core of the Bakken and Three Forks formations
- Increasing Forestar’s reserves by over 135% to 7.1 million BOE (barrels of oil equivalent) based upon year-end 2011 reserves, with oil representing 43% of total combined reserves (on a BOE basis)
- Increasing Forestar’s annual production to over 723,000 BOE (41% oil) based on full year 2011 results
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV