Outlook and Guidance
The Company increased earnings guidance for the fiscal year ending January 31, 2013, to diluted earnings per share of $1.30 to $1.40. The following expectations were considered in developing the guidance:
- Same stores sales up mid- to high-single digits;
- New store openings between five and seven;
- Retail gross margin between 32.0% and 34.0%;
- An increase in the credit portfolio balance;
- Provision for bad debts between 5.5% and 6.5% of the average portfolio balance outstanding;
- Selling, general and administrative expense, as a percent of revenues, between 28.5% and 29.5% of total revenues; and
- Interest expense to increase approximately $2.2 million over the remainder of fiscal 2013 as a result of the issuance of the fixed-rate notes discussed above on April 30, 2012.
Conference Call and Investor Conference Information
Conn’s, Inc. will host a conference call and audio webcast on Monday, June 4, 2012, at 10:00 A.M. CT, to discuss its earnings and operating performance for the quarter. A link to the live webcast, which will be archived for one year, and slides to be referred to during the call will be available at ir.Conns.com. Participants can join the call by dialing 877-754-5302 or 678-894-3020. Additionally, the Company has posted an updated investor presentation to its investor relations web page.
Conn’s management will also be presenting at the Piper Jaffray Consumer Conference in New York on Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at 4:35 P.M. ET. The presentation will be webcast and can be accessed via the following link: http://www.media-server.com/m/p/4567d4wf. Additionally, the presentation will be available for replay for 90 days following the live presentation and will be accessible via the above link or through ir.Conns.com.About Conn’s, Inc. The Company is a specialty retailer currently operating 64 retail locations in Texas, Louisiana and Oklahoma: with 22 stores in the Houston area, 14 in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, seven in San Antonio, three in Austin, five in Southeast Texas, one in Corpus Christi, four in South Texas, six in Louisiana and two in Oklahoma. The Company’s primary product categories include:
- Home appliance, including refrigerators, freezers, washers, dryers, dishwashers and ranges;
- Furniture and mattress, including furniture for the living room, dining room, bedroom and related accessories and mattresses;
- Consumer electronic, including LCD, LED, 3-D, plasma and DLP televisions, camcorders, digital cameras, Blu-ray and DVD players, video game equipment, portable audio, MP3 players and home theater products; and
- Home office, including desktop and notebook computers, tablets, printers and computer accessories.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV