ImmunoGen, Inc . (Nasdaq: IMGN), a biotechnology company, today announced the presentation of new clinical data for the investigational compound, SAR3419, at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting taking place in Chicago, IL. SAR3419 uses ImmunoGen’s Targeted Antibody Payload (TAP) technology and is a potential treatment for CD19+ non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma (NHL) and other B-cell malignancies. The compound was created by ImmunoGen and licensed to Sanofi as part of a broader collaboration. The data reported today are from the Phase I evaluation that established the dosing schedule being used with SAR3419 in its Phase II evaluation.
“We believe the findings reported today support that SAR3419 has the potential to become an important new therapy for key B-cell malignancies,” commented Daniel Junius, President and CEO. “These findings also add to the growing body of clinical data supporting that the utility of our TAP technology – and the depth of our product opportunities – extend well beyond any one compound to multiple types of cancers, antibodies, and product designs.”
In its Phase I assessment, SAR3419 has been found to demonstrate activity across an array of NHL histological subtypes and in patients with rituximab (Rituxan ®)-refractory and -responsive disease. 1,2 Alternative dosing schedules were evaluated to establish the recommended Phase II schedule.
The findings reported today (abstract #8057) are from an extension of a weekly dosing Phase I trial. In this extension, SAR3419 was administered weekly for four weeks and then on an every two-week basis for another four doses. The study investigators note that this schedule “demonstrates an improved safety profile compared to prior tested schedules” while preserving antitumor activity:
- When dosed weekly (at 55 mg/m 2), 33% (7/21) of patients had an objective response (a complete response/CR or partial response/PR).
- When the same dose level was administered with this modified schedule, 29% (6/21) of patients had an objective response and another 43% (9/21) had stable disease.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV