CANTON, Ohio, June 3, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Timken Company (NYSE: TKR) will feature products and aftermarket solutions for the wind industry at the AWEA WINDPOWER 2012 Conference and Exhibition, June 3-6, in Atlanta, Ga.
"Timken helps maximize equipment performance throughout the entire lifecycle of a wind turbine," said Hans Landin, director of process industries original equipment and wind energy for Timken. "By collaborating with designers, manufacturers and operators, Timken develops main shaft and gear drive solutions to help keep equipment running longer with reduced total cost of ownership."
The Timken booth (No. 5949) will feature several products in addition to new exhibits that reflect the company's range of product capabilities. Exclusive exhibits include:
- Timken® Wear-Resistant Roller Bearings for wind-energy applications, designed to reduce life-limiting wear problems including micropitting on main shaft spherical roller bearings and micropitting, smearing and brittle flaking on wind turbine gearbox cylindrical bearings.
- The Timken® Online Intelligence System (OIS), a breakthrough condition monitoring/data collection and reporting system specifically designed for low-speed wind turbine applications. Timken will have a live demonstration featuring the unique technical capabilities of the OIS system.
- The Timken® UltraWind ™ Tapered Roller Bearing, offering the highest bearing life ratings in the industry, as verified by Germanischer Lloyd in 2012. This pre-loaded bearing has superior stiffness to manage the motion of the main shaft and rotor and also contains raceway profiles designed to control maximum stress levels which provide greater product reliability.
- Animation of Timken's new Wind Energy Research and Development Center in Canton, OH (currently under construction; opening scheduled for November 2012) demonstrating the facility's product testing capabilities.
- Timken EcoPower ™ Induction Heaters, useful for both mounting and dismounting components with tight fits, and utilizing flexible coils for handling large wind components. The units save time by heating work pieces faster than conventional methods, reduce energy consumption and create a safer work environment.
- Timken planetary bearing solutions, which include cylindrical roller bearings, the semi-integrated planet-pac and the fully integrated flexpin bearing. These solutions combine planetary pins, bearing raceways and planetary gears in various combinations to help achieve lean, compact and reliable wind turbine gearbox design. This is especially important as wind turbine size and capacity scale upward to meet the goals of the power generation industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV