CD30 expression in non-lymphomatous malignancies (Abstract #3069)
In a screening study, assessment of CD30 expression was performed in patients who had a non-lymphoma malignancy and were relapsed or refractory to previous therapy, or had no alternative curative treatment option available. Patients with CD30 expression were eligible for a companion phase II clinical trial. Per the screening protocol, patients were considered to be CD30-positive and eligible for the companion clinical trial if at least 10 percent of malignant cells were positive by immunohistochemistry or at least 20 percent of malignant cells were positive by flow cytometry. At the time of data analysis, a total of 1,637 patients had been screened. Key findings include:
- Thirty-eight patients (2 percent) and 17 different malignant diagnoses were CD30 positive per protocol.
- The most common malignancies with CD30 expression were mesothelioma (5 of 18 patients; 28 percent), melanoma (6 of 64 patients; 9 percent), triple negative breast cancer (4 of 71 patients; 6 percent) and ovarian carcinoma (9 of 173 patients; 5 percent).
- Assessment of CD30 expression under the screening protocol is ongoing with target enrollment of up to 3,000 patient tumor samples.
- A phase II companion treatment protocol is ongoing to characterize the antitumor activity of ADCETRIS in patients with CD30-positive non-lymphoma malignancies and to correlate expression with activity.
Details of the poster presentation are as follows:
- Monday, June 4; 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. CT
- S Hall A2; poster board #16C
- First author: Dr. Jeff P. Sharman, Willamette Valley Center Institute and Research Center, Eugene, OR
ADCETRIS is not approved for the treatment of any non-lymphoma malignancy.For more information about the meeting, visit the ASCO annual meeting website at www.asco.org. About ADCETRIS ADCETRIS (brentuximab vedotin) is an ADC comprising an anti-CD30 monoclonal antibody attached by a protease-cleavable linker to a microtubule disrupting agent, monomethyl auristatin E (MMAE), utilizing Seattle Genetics’ proprietary technology. The ADC employs a linker system that is designed to be stable in the bloodstream but to release MMAE upon internalization into CD30-expressing tumor cells.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV