NEW YORK (Stockpickr) -- Fears of a global economic slowdown have sent investors running for cover. They've been selling stocks with any cyclical exposure, especially the companies that sell commodities.
Yet it's important to understand the trading trends for these commodity stocks. They typically move in and out of favor quickly, and now that they are deeply out of favor, they offer real value for longer-term investors.
Indeed, if the worst-case scenarios out of Europe do not come to pass, these stocks could post significant gains.With that in mind, here are five deeply-discounted commodity stocks that have traditionally rebounded sharply when the commodity cycle turns back up.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV