Gerdau (GGB) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining loser. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1%. By the end of trading, Gerdau fell 24 cents (-3%) to $7.71 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7.6 million shares of Gerdau exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $7.60-$7.89 after having opened the day at $7.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.95. Other company's within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Ossen Innovation (OSN), down 10.5%, China Natural Resources (CHNR), down 10.5%, US Silica Holdings (SLCA), down 10%, and Quaterra Resources (QMM), down 9.1%. Gerdau S.A. engages in the production and sale of steel products in Brazil and internationally. Gerdau has a market cap of $13.57 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 6.6, below the average metals & mining industry P/E ratio of 12.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 1.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there is one analyst that rates Gerdau a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and three rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Gerdau as a hold. Among the primary strengths of the company is its solid financial position based on a variety of debt and liquidity measures that we have evaluated. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full Gerdau Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about GGB
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV