PulteGroup (PHM) pushed the Materials & Construction industry lower today making it today's featured Materials & Construction loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.6%. By the end of trading, PulteGroup fell $1.10 (-11.8%) to $8.26 on average volume. Throughout the day, 18.6 million shares of PulteGroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 12.4 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $8.23-$9.01 after having opened the day at $8.98 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.36. Other company's within the Materials & Construction industry that declined today were: Integrated Electrical Services (IESC), down 15.1%, M/I Homes (MHO), down 10.1%, Lennar Corporation (LEN.B), down 9.5%, and USG (USG), down 9.5%. PulteGroup, Inc., through its subsidiaries, engages in homebuilding and financial services businesses primarily in the United States. PulteGroup has a market cap of $3.53 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. Shares are up 48.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate PulteGroup a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates PulteGroup as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally weak debt management and poor profit margins.
- You can view the full PulteGroup Ratings Report.
- Use our materials & construction section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about PHM
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV