Sara Lee Corporation (SLE): Today's Featured Food & Beverage Loser
Sara Lee Corporation (SLE) pushed the Food & Beverage industry lower today making it today's featured Food & Beverage loser. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.5%. By the end of trading, Sara Lee Corporation fell 46 cents (-2.2%) to $20.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 14.8 million shares of Sara Lee Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 8.1 million shares. The stock ranged in price between $20.41-$21 after having opened the day at $20.96 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.90. Other company's within the Food & Beverage industry that declined today were: Synutra International (SYUT), down 8.1%, Tofutti Brands (TOF), down 7.7%, China New Borun Corporation (BORN), down 7.7%, and Companhia de Bebidas das Americas Ambev ADR (ABV.C), down 6.5%. Sara Lee Corporation engages in the manufacture and marketing of a range of branded packaged meat, bakery, and beverage products worldwide. Sara Lee Corporation has a market cap of $12.49 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 123.8, below the average food & beverage industry P/E ratio of 526.3 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 10.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are four analysts that rate Sara Lee Corporation a buy, one analyst rates it a sell, and five rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Sara Lee Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
- You can view the full Sara Lee Ratings Report.
- Use our food & beverage section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV