Tim Holding Company (TSU) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Tim Holding Company rose 21 cents (0.9%) to $24.66 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1.5 million shares of Tim Holding Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.3 million shares. The stock ranged in a price between $23.63-$25.11 after having opened the day at $23.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $24.45. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Ditech Networks Corporation (DITC), up 7%, Iteris (ITI), up 6.8%, Linktone (LTON), up 4.7%, and Nexxus Lighting (NEXS), up 4.2%. TIM Participacoes S.A., through its subsidiaries, provides mobile telecommunications services using digital technologies to business and individual customers in Brazil. The company offers mobile, fixed and long distance telephony, data transmission and Internet services. Tim Holding Company has a market cap of $11.83 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.2, above the average telecommunications industry P/E ratio of 8.1 and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are down 5.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are six analysts that rate Tim Holding Company a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and two rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Tim Holding Company as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
- You can view the full Tim Holding Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TSU
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV