Healthcare Realty (HR) pushed the Real Estate industry higher today making it today's featured real estate winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 2.3%. By the end of trading, Healthcare Realty rose 12 cents (0.6%) to $22 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1.4 million shares of Healthcare Realty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 663,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.41-$22.08 after having opened the day at $21.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.88. Other companies within the Real Estate industry that increased today were: Supertel Hospitality (SPPR), up 5.6%, Sprott Resource Lending Corp Class A (SILU), up 4.4%, American Spectrum Realty (AQQ), up 2.2%, and NTS Realty Holdings (NLP), up 1.5%. Acquires existing healthcare facilities, provides property management, leasing and build-to-suit development services, and owns a portfolio of healthcare properties in the U.S. At Dec. 31, 2005, had investments of apx. $1.8 billion in 234 income-producing real estate properties and mortgages. Healthcare Realty has a market cap of $1.69 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 310, above the average real estate industry P/E ratio of 180.8 and above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are three analysts that rate Healthcare Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Healthcare Realty as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall.
- You can view the full Healthcare Ratings Report.
- Use our real estate section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about HR
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV