Terra Nitrogen Company L.P (TNH) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 3.8%. By the end of trading, Terra Nitrogen Company L.P rose $2.06 (1%) to $202.10 on average volume. Throughout the day, 72,447 shares of Terra Nitrogen Company L.P exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 90,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $193.95-$202.10 after having opened the day at $196 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $200.04. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Lightbridge (LTBR), up 8.4%, Pure Bioscience (PURE), up 6.5%, and NL Industries (NL), up 3.2%. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. engages in the production and sale of nitrogen fertilizer products. It primarily offers anhydrous ammonia and urea ammonium nitrate solutions. Terra Nitrogen GP Inc. serves as the general partner of the company. Terra Nitrogen Company, L.P. Terra Nitrogen Company L.P has a market cap of $3.73 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13, equal to the average chemicals industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 19% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. TheStreet Ratings rates Terra Nitrogen Company L.P as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
- You can view the full Terra Nitrogen Company L.P Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about TNH
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV