BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- These five industrial stocks are getting ready to raise dividends -- they just don't know it yet.
Industrials have been getting a bad rap lately, as investors ramp up their anxiety over Europe and expect the worst from industrial production. But that extreme negative sentiment may be overdoing it a bit. While it's true that industrials have to deal with cyclical businesses, it's important to remember that industrial firms are still churning out record revenues right now. And when price and value don't match up, heftier dividend payouts are the best way for management to reward shareholders.
All in, industrials tend to get a bad rap from retail investors. After all, industrial manufacturing isn't as exciting as the next tech breakthrough or some hot consumer product. Even so, investors shouldn't eschew the boring stocks in 2012. I can name more than a few times when buying boring turned out to be a good move, especially when sentiment was pointed the other way.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV