Buffett Got It Right This Time
If you've got an unusual business, with rare assets, liabilities or cashflows, this might not be the solution for you. Hopefully, companies like Dun & Bradstreet (DNB) or Google (GOOG) will offer a cost effective service one day like BizEquity.
One other bit of advice. If you own a business and are in a marriage that you are not sure is going to survive, think long and hard about whose property the study is, who knows about the existence of the valuation and where it's kept. If things go south in the relationship, a third-party business valuation might turn out to be the smoking gun your departing spouse needs to hold you upside down by your ankles and shake.
Under the right circumstances, having your attorney conduct the study on your behalf might shroud its' existence behind the attorney/client privilege.
This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV