Vera Bradley Stock Falls On Unusually High Volume (VRA)
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Vera Bradley (Nasdaq:VRA) is trading at unusually high volume Friday with four million shares changing hands. It is currently at four times its average daily volume and trading down $2.11 (-9.7%) at $19.76 as of 2:30 p.m. ET. Vera Bradley has a market cap of $907.1 million and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer non-durables industry. Shares are down 32.2% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Vera Bradley, Inc., through its subsidiary, Vera Bradley Designs, Inc., engages in the design, production, marketing, and retail of stylish and functional accessories for women under the 'Vera Bradley' brand. Its products include a range of handbags, accessories, and travel and leisure items. The company has a P/E ratio of 15.7, equal to the average consumer non-durables industry P/E ratio and below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. TheStreet Ratings rates Vera Bradley as a sell. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. You can view the full Vera Bradley Ratings Report. See all heavy volume stocks in our stocks moving on unusual volume list or get investment ideas from our investment research center.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV